Tuesday, October 30, 2012

In the wee hours of the morning Hurricane Sandy shut down New York and DC.  Pictures of subway stations flooded, waterfalls at Ground Zero and the Statue of Liberty standing strong as the ocean waves tried to engulf her are images so bizarre that my mind does not know where to file them.    The majestic, pirate ship that used to sail the waters of the Mantanzas River in St. Augustine, Florida (my hometown) ever since I can remember was taken by the sea along with it's Captain and one of it's crew.  A hurricane in New England on October's full moon, could it be more spooky? I'm sure creative writers, imaginative producers and hungry movie studios have their juices flowing, and it won't be long for the onslaught of disaster movies to  infiltrate our lives.  Even after the storm has died, the relief has come and the cities reconstructed, we will capitalize on it's terror and glory of many, many years to come.

I experienced my own storm yesterday and tried my damnedest not to sink.  I am still here, so I assume I was successful.  Damn moon!  She was quite a temperamental bitch this month.  If we ever begin to feel we are in control, Nature has a way of letting us know differently.  In the aftermath of the storm, I am humble, quiet and feel quite raw.  Vulnerability is not something I enjoy, but here I am exposed.

I really don't know anything and feel somewhat helpless in my plight.  I don't have much faith in words and stories and processes.  I feel a lot of what is said and done in the name of spirituality is no more than a spiritual facade being placed over a holy mess and if that's the case, I prefer my holy mess.  I saw this picture of a sign from the "The Church of the Latter-Day Dude" posted today on Facebook.... "Dance. Grow Things. Try Not to be a Dick" (or in my case, bitch).  I feel if I could just focus on these three things, that would be enough .

No comments:

Post a Comment