Saturday, October 20, 2012

30 Day Challenge

One cannot be a writer if one does not write.  While scanning the blogs of friends who also blog, I saw a friend of mine who took a 30 day challenge to blog everyday.  Since it appears I need some discipline to write more, I think I too will take on this 30 day Challenge.  Beginning today and through November 20th I will blog everyday.  This will be quite a challenge, as I will be moving again right in the middle of this challenge.

I am not really sure where this move will end up taking me, which is exciting as well as a little unsettling. My first stop will be Florida to leave some belongings, my car and my dog.  The next stop is India.  I will be in India for 6 months this time.  I am certain I have gone mad.  Once again I am paring down my stuff, sorting, packing and storing.  This is becoming a yearly ordeal.  This time I plan to lighten my load down to only a 1/4 of  what I have now.  I am finally surrendering to my inner-gypsy and letting go more and more.  The stuff has become so burdensome that it no longer brings me joy.  Out it goes!

I am getting so used to leaving homes, friends, clients, students and jobs that part doesn't bother me much.  It seems I have become more accepting of the impermanence of  life.  I am finding it more and more difficult to make long range plans, because I just never know.  I never know what will come my way,  how I will feel and what I will want.  I am really more of realist than I am flighty even though I realize this sounds more flighty than realist.  The realist in me recognizes the transitory nature of things.  The practical part me sees no reason for holding onto what is simply passing by and everything is simply passing by.

All thoughts, feelings, desires and experiences are fleeting.  We want to grasp hold of them, but they seem to slip right through our fingers regardless how tight our grip. The hardest things for me to let go of are my things that have sentimental value.  I am realizing that my sweet memories are held in my heart not in my things.  This make this letting go process much easier.

People are much harder to let go of.  I tend to make lifelong friendships.  Those who are dear to me always stay close to heart.  I am very loyal in that sense.  I have had the same best friend since I was 13.  My ex-husband is still considered my family.  My first true love was was a man who taught me how to love someone and I still love in this way... truly, madly  and deeply.  I think if you love someone, there's no reason you should ever stop.

Interestingly, what I often miss about a place is the Nature of it.  When I left Florida, I mourned for the ocean.  In Greenville, I have fallen in love with this mountain I live on and woods I hike in.  There is something magical here on this mountain, in these woods, and I will miss it.  I will miss the sound of the creek running, the smell of sweet grass and the sunlight peaking over the tops of the towering trees.  I do get attached to these sacred places on this planet we live, but how I love discovering new ones.  How blessed we are to be surrounding by such beauty. It's a big, beautiful world out there, and I will soon be off to explore another magical piece of it. 



   

No comments:

Post a Comment