Sunday, February 2, 2014

I Am Enough

"I, Uma, am enough" was all it said on the note that fell out of a book I picked up this morning. Back in the day when I was first exploring consciousness, tearing down the walls and discovering who I was, I went through a series of Rebirthing sessions with a lovely Rebirther, whose name I can't even remember now. However, I have never forgotten her. One of the things she would help me do after each session was to create an affirmation for something I was struggling with. She would have me write it on a postcard and mail it to myself. In a few days the affirmation would arrive in my mailbox.

There was just something so empowering about receiving a note through the mail in my own handwriting, affirming something positive about myself. I think I kept most of them. I would stick them in my favorite books. My favorite books are like old friends to me. I never let them go. I pick them up and read a passage every so often even if I already read the book 100 times. Sometimes one of these old postcards falls out of a book. I can't tell you how much it thrills me when I find one of these sparkling gems of wisdom, because it's always something I need to hear right then. I don't take it lightly, as I know it is God speaking to me in that very moment.

I think I might pick up this practice again, so in another 25 years I will find notes tucked away in my favorite books to remind me I am enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment